The domain name transfer is the process of moving your domain name from one domain registrar to another. It is usually a free and easy process and your domain doesn’t have to change in any way, you simply switch the registrars. However, some registrars might have fees for allowing you to transfer your domain to another company.
Could I Transfer My Domain?
You are absolutely free to change your domain registrar. However, you cannot move your domain to another registrar until 60 days have passed since you’d first registered or transferred the domain. It is also good to know that the domain transfer procedure usually takes a few days, even weeks (especially if your current registrar deliberately postpones the transfer). For that reason, it’s better not to transfer your domain just before it expires. If the domain expires it will be really difficult or sometimes not even possible for you to recover it.
Requirements For Domain Transfer
- The domain should be with unlocked status
- Confirm that you’re the owner of the domain
- The domain should be registered or last transferred at least 60 days ago
- For transfer is required the EPP Key/Auth code from your current registrar
- Don’t forget that the transfer usually takes at least a few days